CREST Olympiads organizes English Olympiad at the international level for class 1. CREST English Olympiad (CEO) is meant for students who wish to leverage their skill-set in the English language from an early age of schooling. The online English Olympiad exam gives the best competitive environment exposure to students.
>> Join CREST Olympiads WhatsApp Channel for latest updates.
a. Candidates wanting to participate in the international English Olympiad can do so by two means. They can either register through their schools or individually.
b. The schools through which students are participating should be linked with a recognized board such as CBSE, ICSE, IB, State Board, etc.
c. International participants can also register for the examination.
d. The English Olympiad for class 1 is performed at a single level.
1. The English Olympiad always asks application-driven questions, which helps examine students’ cognitive and comprehensive knowledge of concepts. It also tests students' grammatical skills.
2. English is one of the most spoken languages all over the world and building a stronghold of this language in kids from an early age is utterly important. The online English Olympiad exam is the best way to impart and improve students' English skills.
3. The English Olympiad for class 1 specifically promotes self-learning in young students. This goes a long way in students’ lives. It helps kids to identify their weaknesses and work on improving them.
International English Olympiad registration for class 1 can be done by students on their own or through their respective schools.
The school has to fill in the form present here: https://www.crestolympiads.com/register-school, and it will be contacted within 48 working hours with the next steps.
Students who register separately from school & want to appear for the class 1 English Olympiad online test can follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the browser and copy-paste this link: https://www.crestolympiads.com/registration
2. The registration form pops up.
3. Fill in all the registration form details.
4. Select the exam at the bottom of the details filling section in the registration form you wish to appear in.
5. Read the instructions carefully.
6. Make the payment.
7. Registration is complete.
1. English Olympiad Individual registrations by students are accepted.
2. Students registering individually cannot appear for the offline mode of exam. This mode is available only to the students participating through school in CREST Olympiads.
3. Students who have not done registration through school will have to take exams from home. The individual participating should have a computer or laptop with a webcam and a good internet facility. The exam is monitored through a webcam.
One of the major steps that a student needs to undergo before participating in the Olympiad English for class 1 is to have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the class 1 English Olympiad syllabus. Most of the topics are similar to the school syllabus but with a pinch of increased difficulty. The topics that are covered in class 1 English Olympiad syllabus are Jumbled Letters, Words: Their Meanings and Opposites, Identify the Word From the Picture, Making a Word, Feminine and Masculine, One and Many, Word Pairs, Odd One Out, Animals: Their Babies, Sounds and Groups, Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Conjunctions, Articles, Prepositions, Adjectives, Basic Tenses, Punctuation, Comprehension (Prose and Poetry). The CREST English Olympiad of class 1 has been proven to be the best exam to introduce basic grammar to students. The entire international CREST English Olympiad syllabus for class 1 is available on the website.
The exam dates for CREST English Olympiad (CEO) for Class 1 for the Academic Year 2023-24 are as given below:
|Level 1 exam dates
|29th November 2023
9th December 2023
|Last date for registration
|It is advisable to register for the exam before November.
|Level 1 answer key dates
|13th-14th December 2023
|Level 1 result date
|Generally, the results are announced within a month's time after the last answer key date
Note: Check Olympiad exam dates for other CREST Olympiads subjects as well.
The exam fee is INR 225 for students studying and enrolling from India. For students studying and residing outside of India, the fee is country specific.
To be a top performer in the English Olympiad exam then the class 1 English Olympiad sample papers are a key requirement. To get a competitive edge, one must analyze previous years’ English Olympiad questions for class 1 and at the same time understand the syllabus. After this, proceed to the next steps of your preparation. List down all the important topics in the English Olympiad syllabus and start preparing for them first. Learning to be focused and utilizing time efficiently is a key to success in preparation. Students can follow above tips to do well in the CREST English Olympiad exam for class 1. Students can also take advantage of the test series provided by Olympiad Success to have a deeper understanding of the types of questions. Students can also purchase class 1 English Olympiad worksheets.
|Class 1 English Olympiad Sample Paper
|Class 1 English Olympiad Previous Year Paper
|Class 1 English Olympiad Workbook
The class 1 English Olympiad cut-off & rankings are made public on the official website of CREST Olympiads after the successful completion of all the Olympiad exams. The cutoff can also be viewed on the students’ dashboard as well. The cutoff is released for setting a minimum marking criteria to analyze passing and failing students. Students can get a complete understanding of the cutoff criteria on the website.
The class 1 English Olympiad answer key is a one-of-a-kind technique for participants to guess their scores ahead of time. Answer keys are always released by CREST Olympiads within one week of the actual examination. The dates for the answer keys can be found on the exam schedule page of the website. Students can check the answer keys by going to the dashboard.
Candidates can readily view these results by going to the official website and logging in with their individual credentials. In most cases, level 1 results are released in January.
a. Thrilling and mind-blowing awards worth INR 4 Crore are given by CREST Olympiads to students.
b. For 50% of the top scorers, there are rewards.
c. All participants with a percentile of 93 to 96 will get a silver medal.
d. All participants with a percentile of 90 to 93 will receive a bronze medal.
e. A digital participation certificate will be given to each participant. This will be available in the participant's dashboard.
f. International Ranks 1-3 receive INR 10,000 Olympiad Success Gift Vouchers, Achiever's Trophies and Merit Certificates.
1. How to prepare for class 1 English Olympiad?
Olympiad Success is the right choice for your kids' English Olympiad preparation. You can get access to LIVE classes, study materials, practice on sample papers, access to topic-wise & mock tests and much more. The classes help students to build stronger concepts & are taken by top-notch course providers. Check online English Olympiad classes offered by Olympiad Success now.
CREST English Workbook is equally helpful in preparation & is available at a very minimal cost. You can also purchase CREST English Workbook for class 1.
2. What is the significance of the English Olympiad exams for Class 1?
Olympiad exams are competitive tests that assess the students’ knowledge and enhance their command of the English language, helping them improve their speaking and writing skills.
Since English is a worldwide spoken language, having good fluency from an early age is necessary. The international CREST English Olympiad works best for boosting kids' English proficiency.
3. My daughter is studying in class 1 and wants to participate in the English Olympiad examination through school. How can I register?
Students can collect the prospectus containing the registration forms from their respective schools that are sent by CREST Olympiads (Asia’s most Innovative & 2nd Biggest Online Olympiads).
If your school is not registered with CREST Olympiads, then please send an email to email@example.com and we will send you the prospectus soon.
4. What are the aims and objectives of the English Olympiad for class 1?
CREST English Olympiad aims to assess the knowledge of students in English grammar, literature and vocabulary at the national and international levels. The objective of this exam is to identify young talent.
5. What are the topics covered by the English Olympiad class 1?
The class 1 English Olympiad competition covers the following topics:
Section 1: Jumbled Letters, Words: Their Meanings and Opposites, Identify the Word From the Picture, Making a Word, Feminine and Masculine, One and Many, Word Pairs, Odd One Out, Animals: Their Babies, Sounds and Groups, Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Conjunctions, Articles, Prepositions, Adjectives, Basic Tenses, Punctuation, Comprehension (Prose and Poetry).
Achievers Section: Higher Order Thinking Questions - Syllabus as per Section 1