Spell Bee competition for class 1 is conducted each year for students to test their vocabulary, spelling and pronunciation in English. Spell Bee competition is a unique way to familiarize students with new words and vocabulary as they get exposed to root words. CREST Olympiads organizes the International Spell Bee Summer competition for class 1 students. The best part of the exam is that it consists of an audio round where candidates attempt to listen and write down the spelling correctly assigned to them. CREST Olympiads conducts offline & online Spell Bee exams for class 1. It is one of the best ways to inherit the English language in kids.
a. There are two ways for candidates to enter the CREST International Spell Bee for class 1. They can enroll either through their schools or on their own (individually).
b. Students studying in schools that are affiliated with a recognized board such as CBSE, ICSE, IB, State Board, and so on can take part in the exam.
c. The examination is open to international candidates as well. Participants from 25+ countries appear for the exam.
d. The class 1 Spell Bee is completed in 2 levels.
1. The importance of participating in the spelling bee Olympiad is that students obtain lexical competency, which allows them to thrive at reading and writing. CREST International Spell Bee Summer Olympiad for class 1 encourages kids to learn a wide variety of new English words.
2. Spelling Bee exam not only involves rote learning of words rather prepares students to have a more comprehensive understanding of words. It allows children to learn the definition, pronunciation and roots of the word.
3. Students will be able to improve a variety of cognitive abilities, including the capacity to handle pressure, by participating in the Spell Bee Olympiad for class 1. The learning process that goes along with the Spelling Bee is likely to improve children’s memory and allow them to acquire stronger learning skills, both of which can be quite beneficial in further education.
CREST International Spell Bee (Summer) registration for class 1 can be done by students on their own or by the school.
The school has to fill in the form present here: https://www.crestolympiads.com/register-school, and it will be contacted within 48 working hours with the next steps.
Students who register separately from school & want to appear for the online Spelling Bee exam for class 1 can follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the browser and copy-paste this link: https://www.crestolympiads.com/registration
2. The registration form pops up.
3. Fill in all the registration form details.
4. Select the exam at the bottom of the details filling section in the registration form you wish to appear in.
5. Read the instructions carefully.
6. Make the payment.
7. Registration is complete.
1. Spelling Bee Individual registrations by students are accepted.
2. Students registering individually cannot appear for the offline mode of exam. This mode is available only to the students participating through school in CREST Olympiads.
3. Students who have not done registration through school will have to take exams from home. The individual participating should have a computer or laptop with a webcam and a good internet facility. The exam is monitored through a webcam.
A solid understanding and knowledge of the Spell Bee syllabus for class 1 is one of the most important things a student must take in account before starting with the CREST Spell Bee Summer Olympiad preparation. The majority of the topics are comparable to those covered in school, but with a pinch of difficulty added.
The topics that are covered in the syllabus are animals, birds, body parts, adjectives, verbs, synonyms, antonyms, double-letter words, nouns, miscellaneous, speech, etc.
For Spell Bee words for class 1, students are advised to refer to Oxford Learner's Dictionary. This will be w.r.t spellings & meanings. Complete Spell Bee words list for class 1 is available on the syllabus page. 80% of the questions in the exam will be framed from the given word list for class 1.
Class 1 Spell Bee Marking scheme is available on the website. The marking scheme of different sections can be checked for Level 1 & Level 2.
Online Spell Bee Summer exam of CREST Olympiads is usually conducted in the months of July to August. It is the only Spell Bee test that is organized in the summer. The Spell Bee competition dates are made public on the CREST Olympiads website. Candidates are told to register for the examination before the mentioned months.
CREST International Spell Bee (Summer) Registration Fee details - For students studying and enrolling from India, the exam cost is Rs. 225. The price is $15 (US Dollars) for students studying and living outside of India.
Spell Bee preparation for class 1 requires consistent efforts from students. To do well in the Spell Bee exam, students need to analyze the sample papers. To gain a competitive advantage, students must practice Spell Bee questions for class 1 while also comprehending the syllabus.
It is equally important to make a list of all the topics carrying more weightage in the exam and start studying them first. Learning to manage time efficiently during the preparation is essential for success. The above tips would surely help you succeed in the CREST International Spell Bee Summer Olympiad for class 1.
Class 1 Spell Bee competition sample papers pdf is available for students to access on the CREST Olympiads website.
To prepare for the Audio round, students must take 2 free practice tests. This will help students become familiar with the type of questions asked in the audio round of spell bee exam.
The class 1 Spell Bee cut-off & rankings are generally released for students to understand the minimum marking criteria. This lets students know the minimum marks required to pass the examination. The cut-offs are out after the actual examination is conducted. Participants can take a look at the cutoff on the CREST Olympiads website.
The Spell Bee competition answer key for class 1 is released within one week after the examination is held. This way of offering students with the answer key enables them to understand their mistakes and rectify them in the coming exams. It also allows them to predict their scores before the actual declaration of the results. These answer keys can be checked on the dashboard of the website.
The Spell Bee class 1 results of CREST Olympiads are released within a month after the release of the last answer key date. Candidates can readily view these results by going to the official website and logging in with their individual credentials. In most cases, level 1 results are released in August.
The students are recognized for their performance and it is one of the great ways to encourage them to do such great things again and again. CREST Olympiads awards top-performers of class 1 for their great accomplishment in CREST Olympiads Spelling Bee competition exam. Amazing awards worth USD 530,000 are given by CREST Olympiads to students. There are awards for 50% of the students. Check Olympiad prizes in detail.
1. What are spelling words for 1st graders?
There are a variety of words that are covered in the class 1 syllabus for CREST International Spell Bee (Summer). A few of them are alligator, bear, bull, camel, cat, maize, milk, pasta, potato, rice, salad, salt, sandwich, artist, cook, dancer, dentist, doctor, driver, farmer, nurse, painter, pilot, etc. To get a better understanding of the Spell Bee words for grade 1, students are requested to visit the Spell Bee syllabus page of CREST Olympiads.